Best Cannabis Strains for a Good Night’s Sleep
In a recent study, the Center for Disease Control stated that if you are experiencing difficulties sleeping, you are not alone. According to the American Sleep Association, 50 – 70 million Americans are affected by varying sleep disorders. As sleep is key to both mental and physical health, it is essential to find sleep solutions that work best for you. While many use over-the-counter sleep aids, others are looking to more natural solutions, like cannabis, to help them get a great night’s sleep.
Cannabis Strains Guide for Sleep
Before testing out cannabis products for sleep, you should always consider that different types of marijuana and different strains are formulated to contain varying types of cannabinoids, terpenes, and other compounds which cause different effects on the mind and body. When choosing the right marijuana strain for you, it helps to be open, curious, and willing to experiment a little. It also helps to know more about the varying types of cannabis and the different marijuana strains.
While some cannabis strains offer energizing effects, others provide more calming experiences. This cannabis strain guide will outline the benefits of each cannabis strain to help you discover which type may provide you with better sleep.
There are three main types of cannabis: Indica, Sativa, and a mix of both, commonly referred to as Hybrid. Indica strains typically affect the body and are known to promote feelings of relaxation and sedation. Sativa strains affect the mind, thoughts, and emotions and are known to promote feelings of creativity and focus, while reducing feelings of stress and anxiety. Finally, Hybrid strains are formulated by crossing different types of cannabis, usually making one type of cannabis more dominant than the other. Hybrid types of cannabis can create various effects. Marijuana dispensaries may divide the three types of cannabis listed above into different strains to provide more focused benefits. Below you will find a cannabis strain guide to help you learn more about some of the best strains for sleep. While the list contains some of the most popular cannabis strains for sleep, there are many similar marijuana strains that are not on this list which can be found in our Ohio dispensary locations. Ask your budtender for recommendations next time you visit.
Best Cannabis Strains for Sleep
- As a type of Indica, Hindu Kush works well for people who deal with feelings of sleeplessness and insomnia. It is also known to help provide deep relaxation and calm.
- With its high THC content, Grandaddy Purple is a good choice for those who have more experience with THC. It is an Indica strain and provides feelings of relaxation, sedation, and creativity.
- An Indica-dominant strain, Skywalker OG is commonly used by those who suffer from insomnia and anxiety. It contains normal levels of THC and provides effects of sedation, sleepiness, and relaxation.
- Harlequin is a Sativa-dominant strain that also contains a fair amount of CBD, making it a good option for those who are less experienced or who feel anxious with too much THC. Users report feeling less anxious and stressed and more relaxed and focused. This hybrid strain is also taken to help relieve pain.
- Mother’s Milk is a great Sativa strain for those who are less experienced, because of its lower THC content. It is known to provide happy feelings, as well as a relaxing, soothing effect that helps people feel sleepy.
- Providing the sensations of both mental and physical well-being, Grape Ape is a fantastic Indica strain to help induce sleep.
These are just a few of the best, most popular cannabis strains for sleep. If you are new to THC, it may be wise to start small and try a few different options before settling in on which works best for you. Be patient with the process and with yourself. Once you find the perfect fit for your cannabis sleep routine, you’ll be enjoying sweet dreams for many nights to come.
Find the Right Cannabis Strain for You in Ohio at Terrasana
If you are looking for the perfect cannabis strain to help you get better rest, please visit us at one of our Terrasana dispensaries in Ohio. One of our team members would be happy to guide you to the right marijuana product. You can also shop online to discover a wide range of products that can help promote less anxiety, like cannabis flower, vapes, edibles, and more. Have a great night!